The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
SamIam

My dog is the chewer from HELL!

My little Corgi, Wyn, is the best dog evah! Except - He chews up everything in sight. This week alone he has chewed up a cigarette lighter, the remote for my TV, one of my good winter boots, and a nice throw rug that had been on my living room floor. And thats not all. A couple of nights ago I stretched out on the couch with a paper back. Wyn joined me up on the couch, and I dozed off. When I woke up, I discovered that Wyn had grabbed the paperback and completely shredded it. There were bits of paper all over the place. What a mess! And I really wanted to find out how that story turned out.

My dog hardly leads a deprived existance. He gets dog bones from the supermarket, plus a large assortment of dog chews. But what's a raw hide chew when you can go after the TV clicker instead? He also used to get those stuffed doggie toys with a squeaker inside. I gave up on the stuffed toys because their life expectancy around here is 20 minutes at most. After that, they end up looking like victims of an encounter with a psycho who had a pair of very sharp scissors. All that remains are a few outer scraps and oodles of stuffing flung all over the house.

I know that boredom can be the reason for this type of behavior, and dog knows I try in that department, as well. My Corgi gets a long walk every day or else a trip to the doggie park or both. Most of the time I take him with me when I go somewhere, and he gets to ride around town with me with his head out the window of my truck. I don't have a fenced yard, but I did get him an extra long tie out, so he can go outside and survey the neighborhood and bark at anyone who passes by within a 3 block radius. Not good enough. He still starts chewing on cigarette lighters and the kitchen sink the moment he gets back inside.

The only thing that works with him is to take him camping. He is a perfect little angel when we're camped in the middle of no where with no TV remotes within miles and miles. But sooner or later we do have to come home.

The Republicans are working on solving this problem for me by revoking the housing voucher program (along with everything else). Should that happen, I'll be camped out 24/7, but until then what should I do?

(As I was typing this post, Wyn took advantage of my inattention to grab a pack of cigarettes and start chewing on them - this after I'd just given him a perfectly good rawhide chew.)

*Sent by coyote song*

Last edited by SamIam; 11-16-2012 at 12:04 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote