Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
SamIam

And the beat goes on

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Republican congressional leaders stressed a willingness Wednesday to extend a Social Security payroll tax cut due to expire Dec. 31, setting up a year-end clash with Democrats over how to pay for a provision at the heart of President Barack Obama's jobs program.

"We just think we shouldn't be punishing job creators to pay for it," said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, scorning a Democratic proposal to raise taxes on million-dollar income earners.
- Huffington Post

The next fight shaping up in Corporate Congress is the extension of the Social Security payroll tax cut. As usual, Republicans are standing up for the oppressed members of our society – the wealthy millionaires and billionaires who have been enjoying tax breaks every since the W. administration.

What amuses me is the double speak that legislators are employing to describe the rich. Everyone who is a millionaire has suddenly become either a “producer” or a “job creator.” If taxes on them are increased, they will all flee to Bangladesh or some other third world country, taking their jobs with them. Why am I having a feeling of déjà vu all over again? Maybe because I just pulled a couple of items at random from my closet to check where they were manufactured. Nicaragua and Hong Kong. Hmmmmm…

As for the “producer” thing, just what have the wealthy produced since they got their tax cuts 10 years ago? Well, they used that extra money to jump into the artificial housing boom, buying bundles of toxic financial instruments and other Wall Street concoctions, thereby creating even more wealth for themselves by the millions and billions of dollars.

So, the producers helped produce the Great Banking and Financial Melt Down of 2008, forcing tax payers to pay millions in bail out money and throwing the country into the Great Recession with unemployment rates still hovering around 9% today.

You’d think these “producers” would take the responsibility of rectifying their former bad behavior by helping out their fellow citizens by paying more in taxes t help us get out of the mess these millionaire producers have caused. Ha Ha Ha! NOT!

Frankly, I'm afraid to see what the producers will produce next.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote