Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

So i'm in a quandary.....

ok. you guys know how hard i've been trying to get back into engineering. it finally has happened. i got hired on with a firm near the job i have now getting a very nice salary, neighborhood of 75. here's the problem: my background. after i put in my two week notice at the panel shop my recruiter calls me and says that i need to come in for drug testing (no problem there) and.......background check. i'm considering something zippyt suggested last night during our extensive phone conversation. he suggested that i go by the firm and talk with my lead engineer and tell him my history. it's a private firm, not a corporation, so that's a plus. they like my attitude and appearance another plus. i can give them references to my current jobshop employer (i'm on contract at the panel shop) who i've known for 20 years and knows my background history as well as my work ethic and i can also give them the track as a reference. after all, i am a manager there and responsible for my crew, running the business and trusted with the monies. SO. do i go in and tell them or keep my mouth shut and hope the new job shop doesn't run my background?? i'm leaning towards going into the office and sitting down with Dan, the electrical engineer lead and having a chat with him.