FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
OK, I spent the whole weekend punching a clown. I figured that would give you enough time to answer Pete Zicato's question. How you coming on that? In case you forgot I'll repost his question.
This is how that works: I post a specific, and you strawman argue it to death. I'm not going there. Like UT, I tire of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Now on a more serious note Spexx I think you misunderstand the motivation behind the thread and some of the comments. I don't take any pleasure in someone's pain. I very much support and give a huge shout out to anyone who finally realizes they don't have to take that shit or live in fear. In this case I recognize and am pleased for the boy who has decided enough is enough and chooses to stop being a victim. I also support life lessons that can benefit all involved at a young age. In this case the former victim learned a lesson but hopefully the bully did as well. Hopefully he will realize that other people aren't there to make him feel like billy bigboots. Hopefully in the future he will choose not to pick on others he perceives to be weaker than himself.

Sometimes lessons are painful but the pain involved is not the source of enjoyment but merely a catalyst for change.
Timothy McVeigh felt that the incidences at Ruby Ridge and Whitby Island were the US government bullying him and his kind. So he retaliated using violence, and blew up the Murrah Building. Osama Bin Laden felt that the US was bullying Muslims, so he arranged to have some jets flown into some buildings on American soil.

You can behave like McVeigh or Bin Laden. I will behave like Gandhi or MLK.

Yes, Flint, this is hyperbole. Sometimes hyperbole is useful in getting a point across.