The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

She eats like a bird

Quote:
(CBS) For many people, the idea of eating whatever you want without gaining weight sounds like a dream. But it's a life long battle for Lizzie Velasquez, a skeletally thin 21-year-old from Austin, Texas who is unable to put on weight even though she consumes 5,000 to 8,000 calories a day, according to the English paper the Telegraph.

She eats every 15-20 minutes, downing everything from chocolate, pizza, doughnuts, and ice cream, according to the Telegraph. But the 5 foot 2-inch Texan still wears size triple zero clothes - and gets "pretty upset when people accuse me of being anorexic."
Doctors think Velasquez has neonatal progeroid syndrome, a rare condition that causes fat loss in the face and body and accelerated aging, according to the Telegraph. People with the disorder tend to have triangular faces with a beak-shaped nose, prominent veins and sparse scalp hair, according to the website of University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
I just want to know one thing...... if you ingest and burn that many calories in a day....do you excrete a commensurate amount, or......what? I mean, you'd be on the loo all day long too, wouldn't you?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote