The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
We enjoyed Zombieland. Not as good as I expected, but Woody Harrellson can do no wrong IMO.
If you like zombie type stuff; there was an awesome miniseries on Brit tv a year or so ago called Dead Set. Well worth getting hold of if you can find it (was released on dvd quite recently I believe). The zombies are the more modern fast running kind of zombie, rather than the old shuffling ones, which gives the whole thing an alarming sense of pace. It's brilliantly directed and also darkly funny in places. Starts off at the Big Brother production centre, with contestants being voted off and the Big Brother house turns into the only safe place.

Very dark in the way Brit horror usually is, but very funny too. Also very character driven. The surviving humans who we follow are all very good actors. There's a disturbing realism to the whole thing despite the glee and gore.

Not much in the way of available clips on youtube; but here's a fanmade trailer that's pretty decent. Certainly gives a flavour of it. I've posted it elsewhere recently, can't recall what thread, because I've on a Charlie Brooker drive lately (he's the one who wrote/made Dead Set). He's one of my recent obsessions :P Worth following the link and watching on full screen.

I will be watching (not on dvd but via itunes, so that counts right ?:P) this evening, GhostTown. I've heard decent things about it.

Last edited by DanaC; 03-15-2010 at 07:07 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies