The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2003, 12:47 PM   #33
dave

First of all Beestie, nothing ever stated that life should be "fair". Fair is just a word. The idea behind it is nice and all, but it can't be made to apply to life. Life just isn't fair. And thinking about it as "unfair" isn't productive. You need to grab the world by the balls and make it yours.

I understand, too, that it sounds shitty. But look at it another way, Sharon doesn't have the Cellar for support. Tony is probably the person that knows her best, and I'm sure that deep down, she loves him. From the whole birthday thing (I was there), I could tell that she, at the very least, cares deeply about him. And because I know Tony, I know that he cares about her. They might not be romantically compatible or ideal soulmates, but they are two people who have spent a lot of their lives together and relationships like that don't die easy. There will always be some feelings there.

Sharon went to someone she knows and trusts for comfort. It's an awkward situation for sure (I had an ex girlfriend call me up and start crying because things weren't working out and she missed me - that was definitely kinda weird). Sharon is a person that's trying to do what's right for her while keeping Tony in consideration. She's done for him a hell of a lot better than a lot of people would do for their ex's, and there's something to be said for that.

Is Sharon doing the right thing? Under the circumstances and in my personal opinion, she probably is. She's not perfect, but she's giving Tony a chance to find "the one" while she goes off and pursues the same, and she isn't being a huge bitch about it.

If I've learned one thing from this whole thread and talking to Tony (and watching them interact at the birthday get-together), it's that Sharon is a good person trying hard to do the right thing, even though it hurts someone else.

(Tony's still my main man, though. I don't mean to play "Devil's Advocate". Just trying to make my opinion clear.)

The Tone, what do you think - am I on the mark? Am I off?