The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #11
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*chuckles*

I just watched 'School reunion' from the first Tennant series (for about the fifth time) as it's on BBCIplayer currently. Then logged into the Cellar and the first thread on the list was this :P

Love that episode. The whole thing with Sarah Jane Smith and Rose was excellent.

@ Sundae: Dalton was my Bond too :P I was head over heels in love with him lol.

'My doctor' was probably a hedge between Tom Baker and Peter Davison, though my favourite of the old classic doctors was Colin Baker.

I gotta say though, much as I love David Tennant, he ties with Paul McGann for me now as favourite Doctor. Even though McGann only got to do the slightly dodgy tv movie in the late 90s, and never actually had a stint in the tv series, he's done loads of the Big Finish full-production audio plays. He's so good in those productions, and they are (on the whole) so well written and produced that he looms quite large amongst the fans. You can get away with so much on radio that you just can't do on tv. One play for instance (Scherzo) consists almost entirely of a dialogue between the Doctor and his companion Charley( widely thought to be the inspiration for Rose in terms of the kind of relationship she has with the doctor). Take out a couple of very obvious sci-fi elements (the sound creature and the setting) and it is just a very, very good play. It's beautifully played by McGann and India Fisher and is my favourite ever radioplay.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv shows