FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Reminds me, I was just reading about some woman who is working hard to get camel milk introduced to the USA. Apparently there would be decent market for it in the immigrant communities. And it's supposed to be extremely healthy so it might catch on elsewhere. She just has to go through a bunch of government red tape first.
from the WSJ
Quote:
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Millie Hinkle first tasted camel milk in the United Arab Emirates about 10 years ago. She had no idea the salty drink, still warm from the camel and served in an ornate bowl with a side of walnuts, would become an obsession.

"It has taken over my life," said the 57-year-old practitioner of natural medicine as she cruised down a tree-lined road here in her white SUV emblazoned with a camel.

In some countries, camel milk is called "liquid gold" for its healing and nutritional qualities. But camel dairy is not widely available in the U.S., in part because the animals don't like to be milked. Lauren Etter reports from Raleigh, North Carolina.

Ms. Hinkle has drained her savings, slashed the number of hours she spends at her day job and started a company called Camel Milk USA. Her goal is to bring the milk, reputed to have healing and aphrodisiac powers, to the U.S. where it's been hard to get mainly because camels weren't listed in rules governing the sale of milk.
Still warm from the camel? *ack* I think I'd have to warm up to that a bit myself.

Tags
autism, food intolerance