Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Juniper
I know, right?

How Do You Do It???

This is what I want to know. How the hell do working moms do it all? Seriously.

How do you get your kids off to school/daycare, work 8 hours, come home, make dinner, stock the cabinets and fridge, keep up with laundry, keep your house from turning into a pigsty, help kids with homework, cart them to their activities, make sure bills get paid, etc., etc., etc.

AND do things like read books, do crafts for your own fun, take photos and videos and keep them reasonably organized and updated, keep up with extended family members' birthdays, and somehow keep your spouse from pouting about lack of attention?

I totally don't get it.

I don't even work 8 hours away from home. I'm at school 5-6 hours a day. I kinda-sorta keep up with laundry, we eat junky fast food a lot, my house is a pigsty and I'm way behind on everything else.

I feel like I'm getting buried in quicksand. Stuff-to-do is just piling up around me, suffocating me. My family said they'd help. They do help. But they're busy too.

Yet I see many other families who do this - two working parents, and houses that are tastefully decorated, organized and sparkly clean.

Granted it would help if we did not have eight animals in the house. Hm. I could really do without scooping cat poop and mopping the laundry room floor twice a week.

Otherwise I'm at a loss and I thank you for listening to me vent.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote