The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
SparkStalker
Vivacious Vivisectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang View Post
I know so very little about you but I'm guessing that they're curious and or wanting to practice their English OR that they just want to have sex with you but were too shy to ask.
I hope that wasn't it...it was always guys.
Quote:
I'm a white man, 6-2 260 and I'm friendly to the locals. My wife's a local here and most of the people that I am with are pinoys.

If there was a young uniformed man following me in the Glorietta mall carrying an M4 and not smiling, I'd be nervous. Anything short of that I personally would just start talking to them.

Pinoys love foreigners and they love Americans the best. Assuming that YOU are not carrying an M4 around with you, they're most likely just wanting to speak to you.

Unless of course they say that aweful phrase...."you buy now"
It could very well have been. It was just a bit off-putting...and when I did speak to them, they seemed really nervous. I'm not a big guy by any means, so I doubt it was my intimidating physical presence. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang View Post
Was the overall experience positive?
It was an interesting place. I probably would have enjoyed it more had it been at a different time in life. But unfortunately, it came up shortly after my mother had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. That really put a damper on my excitement to be there.

Quote:
I've heard that the call centers here are a great deal for the locals here and the clients. We have someone working in one and is quite happy. Win win situations are so rare nowdays it's a good thing to see.
It's definitely good for the people there. Apparently, a degree is required to work in the call centers that my wife visited. It's a strange thought...over here, the call centers are usually staffed by the people not quite cut out for higher education.
SparkStalker is offline   Reply With Quote