The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Ibby
erika

For the Longest Time...

(actually cross-posted from my Facebook cause i'm a loser like that)

Quote:
I'll take my chances
I forgot how nice romance is
I haven't been there for the longest time
-Billy Joel

Why is it that TAS is so... unromantic? There's no love here. Not even just for me, that doesn't really surprise me -- I'm not exactly a babe magnet (or a dude magnet, for that matter). But I mean there's just, no love in the air here. On the off chance that people do date, its never serious. I just don't get it.

On a more personal note, if you can bear with my whining... I miss romance. I miss having someone, I miss love. Things are too muddled and complicated, on one side, and on the other, clear in its barren... utter lack of potential. There are fewer hot guys than can be counted on one hand, and even if there were, nobody would actually come out of the closet here. And none of the girls here are interested in me, of course. What really bites sometimes is how they will like complain to me about exactly what I'm whining about now, complain about the utter lack of guys here and that there's just nobody here to date, nobody looking for romance or anything - or at least nobody good. What can I say but 'ouch'?
I rather feel bad about whining about it, and its not like I'm gonna get all emo or anything over it - that's not my thing. I'm not unhappy or anything, just... romantically starved. I've just forgotten how nice romance is; I haven't been there for the longest time.

You old farts dont really think about it but, it's really a LOT harder for a teenager, a high-schooler, to get any, whether 'any' means sex or love. You guys got it easy.