The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #17
Tool
seldom right

Segovia, Barcelona, Philly & Bingo, wow - quite the metropolitain lineup!

you forgot to mention that Binghamton, NY was once the NY state headquarters of the KKK - good goin' Bingo
Economic hiccups are the trademark of the surrounding area - EJ's, IBM, etc...
you also forgot that over the last 20 years the drug scene in that town has become ridiculous - set 3 hours from the city with a major highway that runs from NYC through Bingo to Buffalo, Canada & Florida - Run those drugs boys, run, run! The perfect stop-over on your way out of the country - come visit Bingo!
And how bout that Veteran's Memorial satdium? Only 30+ years old - run down and cant hold a team for more than 5 or 6 years. While I lived there I saw the Binghamton Whalers, Binghamton Rangers and BC Icemen.
AA Baseball? Yeah - nobody even goes to that - the interest ran out after only 3 years and they started in 91?
Binghamton is also known as the "Pub City" because they have about 300 bars.
Oh yeah, there is a wannabe Division 1A college there also.
So basicly, it goes like this - if you are a drug dealer, alcoholic or college student... welcome home to Bingo!!!

I grew up there and got out after high school - don't get sucked into the black hole - get out while there is still time!!!
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote