The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Rexmons
- Kavkaz United -

Car Insurance

Car insurance is like paying the mafia protection money, you know you're supposed to do it or you're going to get in trouble. In NJ we pay the highest rates in the country for insurance and have practically nothing to show for it. The saddest part is, you're paying this money so in case you get into an accident, you're insured right, but if you do actually get into an accident, your fault or not, your premium goes up and stays up. For a regular fender bender it's like paying out of your own pocket! I just recently signed up with 21st Century Insurance and after signing up, I received a letter stating they were now going to check my credit score and my premium will possibly change based on my credit score! What does one thing have to do with another! A coworker told me his old insurance company was actually overcharging him $500/year because the 18yr old kid that lived in the apartment above his was high risk. They didn't even call him to ask if they lived together they just fucking raised that shit. Wouldn't it be nice if car insurance was more like health insurance in that they cover the small stuff too, like tune-ups, new tires, brakes, oil changes? If you ask me New Jersey's auto insurance is its biggest example of corruption gone wild.