The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Since I've only been registered and posting for a few weeks, I still don't recognize lots of others here.
God, really? Feels like you've been here for ages.

Quote:
A similar tool is the 'Who's Online' option from the 'Quick Links' menu towards the upper-right of the page. There's nothing detailed, but you can tell when someone is around.
If you go to the bottom of the main page, there's a list of users online. There's a link called, I think 'currently active users' or somesuch. Click on that and it lists everyone online (and visible) and shows their activity (If they're looking at a particular thread, or forum menu, it will say. If they're modifying their profile, or registering their account, or replying to a thread, it'll show.) What's really cool about that, is that the searchbots are also listed and they look at all sorts of stuff so you may see a two year old thread suddenly listed, that you didn't catch the first time around and which is really interesting/relevant now.

Last edited by DanaC; 07-11-2007 at 05:49 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote