The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
be-bop
Operations Operative

Life's a Pain

Today I found out that one of my oldest fiends is dying from Bowel cancer which has spread to his liver, which is inoperable and his body can’t cope with the chemotherapy.
The prognosis is not good and we’re talking weeks to a few months before the end.
I hadn’t seen Chris for about a year before today, you know how it is families. Life always seem to get in the way and the car park at the local Supermarket is not the ideal place to try and talk and comfort your friend when you have just find out he’s terminal and to say I’m in shock is an understatement.

Later on I was wondering do I feel sad for him or I’m I being sad and selfish for myself thanking God it was not me he’s only a couple of years older than me but is by no means an old man he still has a young family the youngest is still in school how are they going to cope.
There are many many thought going around my head tonight, one is I would like to spend some time with him before the end but how can I impose when his family will want every minute with him as what time he has left will be precious to them .

The trouble with death is that we all expect it to happen but we push it to the back of our minds hoping against all hope that no. it won’t happen to me ,not just yet I’ve got too much to do and see but it seems to creep around you picking off friends and family like a sniper, once one goes ,two or three seem to follow after and you start looking at people you know, wondering .

Why is life so unfair?
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote