The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Do you throw litter from your car?

Honestly?

I was caught up in a traffic jam today and I saw so many people throwing trash out of their windows, that I figured statistically someone here must do it. So do you? and if so why? So many people do it they can't all be psychopaths, they must have a rational argument as to why it's OK? Maybe I'm missing something thinking it's bad? Does anyone dare to admit to it? Do you all do it and I'm the only weirdo who thinks it's bad? Is it a rebellion to express anger at being held up? Or a way of keeping prisoners busy? What?

Back in England I used to hear the argument that it kept the council employed litter-pickers in work. Yes, I lived in a rough area. Yes, I challenged litterers.

I really hate littering. I don't understand it. It's probably more effort to throw something out of your car window than to drop it in the trash can we you get home. Am I weird?