The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
John Adams
Founder of Freedom

Fundraising - Skimming - Unethical?

I am doing fundraisers every three months for a non profit group. I have put together a nice group of people to help me with this. I had shirts printed to make us look more official and banners as well for when we attend large gatherings.

One of the people helping me to do the fundraising (happens to be a friend also) had been telling me to take a few dollars off the top from the cash donations to offset the out of pocket expense. I told him that since I volunteered to do the fundraising and to print up the shirts etc that there should be no compensation. I also asked him where it would stop. Do you then take money for gas or meals since some of these fundraisers are several hours from home?

It was settled that we would not take anything since this was something I wanted to do and no one was forcing him either. What are your thoughts? How unethical do you believe this to be?

That guy selling the girl scout cookies in Ohio made me think of this again by the way.
John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote