Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
rkzenrage

Jesus and his dino

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bar-art/406307977/

jesus rode a dinosaur. wait, he what now?

"Is it wrong to think that describing someone as 'religious' and 'educated' is funny?"
-Julia Wertz aka Fartparty.org

This image and text from the Conservapedia entry on Dinosaurs:

"..Of those Christians who reject evolution, they believe, based primarily on Biblical evidences, but also drawing on archeological and fossil evidence, that dinosaurs were created on the 6th day of the Creation Week, between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago; that they lived in the Garden of Eden in harmony with other animals, eating only plants; that pairs of various dinosaur baramins were taken onto Noah's Ark during the Great Flood and were preserved from drowning; that fossilized dinosaur bones originated during the mass killing of the Flood; and that some descendants of those dinosaurs taken aboard the Ark still roam the earth today."

oh. It gets worse. Here's an entry on Kangaroos that has a couple interesting bits I never knew:

"Like all modern animals, modern kangaroos originated in the Middle East and are the descendants of the two founding members of the modern kangaroo baramin that were taken aboard Noah's Ark prior to the Great Flood."

After the Flood, kangaroos bred from the Ark passengers migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land -- as Australia was still for a time connected to the Middle East before the supercontinent of Pangea broke apart -- or if they rafted on mats of vegetation torn up by the receding flood waters."

I'm. I'm just. I can't really say which was more amazing to me. That apparently kangaroos originated in the Middle East?!!? Or that Australia broke away from the great supercontinent a scant few thousand years ago. Or kangaroos rafted there.

Makes Jesus and the dinosaur thing downright plausible in comparison.