The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

The Role of Sex

Hey everyone.

I don't know if there's a thread to this or not (I'm new!) but I was wondering, if I could get some real responses on a subject that I can only talk to with my closest of friends--or complete but friendly strangers (like anyone reading)!

I was wondering about the role of sex in a relationship. No, it's not necessary (my opinion) but it is still very important (my opinion too)!
Sometimes for me, I crave it. I know, I know, I'm a young male in college but I do have a girlfriend back at home I love more than anything. So the problem is...how we handle it. Since I've been away I've had to get used to dramatic decreases of maybe 300% less sex! So, whenever I come back (a la this Xmas break) one of the first things I think of is seeing my girl. The next is having sex with her (and then dinner and a movie).
Now I know I'd give up all the sex in the world to be with her (no it's true!) I value our relationship over sex no questions asked. But since I have an awesome relationship and sex...and recently been deprived of its frequency...I think it's very important I get some serious action for the month I'm back.
My personal mindset is different from hers, she obviously doesn't think about it every 12 hours and when I mention it she always reverts to "Is that all you think about?" And so I'm always like ".........no!......?"

I just want to know what other people think about the role of sex in a loving, healthy relationship.

Fresh
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote