The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SD, we do indeed think alike. I got one of these. From the pawnshop, the red model, 256MB for $25. You can't beat this little unit. It works great, really great. I think the one you linked to is the newer model of the same basic device. They seem to have replaced the mono screen for color and the joystick for a dpad. Otherwise, the look the same.

On a different note, I had seen the $14 unit before and would urge you to post your review when you get it. I want one for the same reason. I'll only have to cry $14 worth of tears (plus memory card) when it makes that (inevitable) voyage to the island of lost toys. Plus, I feel like I'm making my older smaller SD cards live out their low capacity lives in some sort of useful service.

By the way, the Sandisk unit works great (I know I already said that) with iTunes. Just make your playlist, then drag the playlist onto the device. Boom. I make sure I "unwrap" all my songs, the vast majority of which are ripped from cd and never encumbered in the first place.

LabRat: This thing will fit in your pocket. Or anywhere else you could stash a pack of gum. We're talking a volume approximately the size and shape of my thumb. You could mcgyver an armband if you had to, or use a generic-ish one.