The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #1
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Aussies favor preemptive strikes against terrorists.

I'm not normally a fan of MLP... that sort of thing is best left to those who can't come up with any original ideas of their own. But I saw this on Fark and Drudge, and was so amused that I thought I'd pass it along:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ia_terrorism_2

For those who can't be bothered to actually read the article before jumping in to discuss it, here's the most important quote:
Quote:
He [Australian PM John Howard] said in an Australian television interview that he favors changes in the U.N. charter and international law to allow deployment of troops overseas for pre-emptive strikes against terrorists planning to attack his country.
Looks like the Aussies are starting to believe that letting thugs with bombs blow up their citizens is a Bad Thing<sup>&reg;</sup>.

To save everyone time, I've encapsulated below the discussion that this post will probably generate.

Blah blah blah blah arrogant blah blah irresponsible blah blah immoral. Blah blah social inequities blah blah United Nations. Blah blah blah cultural prejudice blah blah willful ignorance blah blah valid cultural aspirations. Blah blah blah moral high ground blah blah blah total understanding blah blah credible means. Blah blah blah militant extremists blah blah red herring.

Blah blah social oppression blah blah blah western hegemony blah blah coercive. Blah blah pejorative blah blah blah bias. Blah blah blah unfair blah blah kill them all and let God sort them out blah blah blah fascist blah blah blah blah ad hominem attacks blah blah blah Hitler blah blah blah mouthbreather.
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote