The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

8/16/2006: Image backlog clearing

It's that time again: time for a few items that I saved off and never used for whatever reason.

These beasts are all over where I live right now. The official cap: A cicada sheds its exoskeleton as it perches on a Norway maple tree in Hummelstown, Pennsylvania.

An xoB suggestion, this gent is participating in some sort of condom festival in Qixi, China. Or he's popping a big zit on his lip, I can't tell.

This two-mouthed pig is interesting, but we've had a bunch of two-headed and one-eyed things at this point, maybe too many. They're still mind-boggling, just not AS mind-boggling as before.

Same goes for three-armed children.

This mud bath is an interesting shot, but not much else. I was kind of intrigued by the idea of a mud bath, but why? Why do you get one? Has anyone here had one?

These queen ants are interesting for the color composition, and also because they are being sold for eating in Colombia. The accompanying story suggested that "gourmands" from other countries are taking an interest in eating them. Well that's just fine; I'll take the pan-seared tuna in sesame/soy sauce marinade with wasabi, that Jackie and I made last weekend, and they can have ANTS.

Finally, this seagull has taken its own gourmand approach.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote