The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #26
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
@Kitsune: Again, splitting hairs here, but isn't this a "scroll style" board? If not, why not? New posts and responded posts go to the top, unresponded posts sink to the bottom. Is that not "scrolling" or am I missing something?
I'm really hitting my head on the desk, here, trying to think of a good way to explain it. Honestly, I can't. You really could flood the board with new threads and maybe it really is a community preference to not act as a scroll-style board. I just know that every vB board I've ever been on avoided that and even the site that designs it operates much in the same way The Cellar does. The replies method, quotes, interface, all seem to lend themselves to less threads/more content. (at least, to me they do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
Thank God for someone that answers questions from newbies. Sorry if it's interfering with work (but isn't that what message boards do?)
Ah, I'm still 'new' to this board, in a way. I have a fair amount of posts, but I'm certainly not part of the close-knit community of the original and long-standing members. I just kind of float in, post something in the debates, people get mad, and I return some days later to find the debate has caught fire and switched topics entirely or boiled down to basic insults. It's awesome.

Work? What work? Oh that work. ...but it is nearly beer o'clock and skipping out early today sounds oh-so-sweet.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote