The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2006, 09:28 AM   #11
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

It depends on who you ask. I think everyone thinks they're a good person. I think Hitler thought he was a good person. I think the Bush supporters believe they are good people. I think Pat Robertson, Osama Bin Laden, Sam Alito, etc. believe they are good people.

I think I'm a good person, but even the best person makes mistakes. For instance, I slept with a married woman for 3 years and I knew her husband. I said, "Hey, I'm not cheating, she is" and tried to rationalize it, but I wouldn't want anyone to sleep with my wife so i was wrong.

I give to the poor, support several people financially, work hard, and try to make the world a better place for future generations by fighting against injustice where I can. I don't steal, rape, murder, or otherwise harm any non-consenting other, though I piss off quite a few.

In my book I'm a good person, but merely being an atheist makes me a bad person to some people.