The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
imprint
Questionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
A Libertarian has to ask if replacing a dictator with a broadbased, representative government is better? Astounding. How does one account for this? Are you troubled at the turbulence of this watershed period in Iraq's history? I'm not, especially not when the pro-totalitarian insurgents aren't persuading the rest of Iraq to go back into the thrall of a dictatorship.
Urbane Guerrilla has it. this simple universal ideal is easy to follow: a government elected by the people is best FOR the people. to deny this to anyone in the world is a crime in itself and if we must be the ones to fix it, then we should be willing to take on the challenge. (we are, after all, one of the few powers in this world that has the ability to step up to the mission!) we would be so much better off if our country had manned up enough in the 90s to take care of so many of the world's problems. our problems today i assure you, would be almost nothing if the last "president" had done his job.

the sad part is that "pro-totalitarian insurgents" seems to have spread to "opinionated american leftists". i swear that there are more people in our country that want the dictatorship to return. it is disgusting. are you against this war? try LIVING in one of these countries we are working hard to free. you would change your mind in a heartbeat, i'm sure.

Hillary in office? best laught i've had allll day.