The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
busterb
NSABFD

Time for another rant.
Today I got a bid to fix the inside of my house. $12,600 bucks. OK the low bid for my roof is $4,815. Plus 45 bucks per hr. for labor to fix any structural damage, rotten wood not paid by insurance. Plus materials. My insurance has given me a check for a little over $9 grand.
I know I'm a dumb redneck, but I'm having a little trouble with someones math.
The insurance co. told me they knew that there price was low, so get the work started and would approve more money. My lawyer says no way cash check untill I get this in writing which will never happen. WTF. Today I poured another 5 gals. of something on roof and smeared it around. Hope it stops some new leaks that showed up other day. I have rain forecasted for next few days. Guess what I'm trying to say is I'm damn tired of sleeping on single bed in living room, it don't leak. when I have a split level home with 4 bed rooms.
Another thing that poded me today was I went to store and got a bottle of Wishbone dressing. On label said " Instant savings inside" so I pealed it off and gave to checkout. NO that's for bacos. WTF. I've got dressing. Go figure. boy I feel better now. bb