The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
Brett's Honey
whatever

Desperately Need PETA'S Advice..

It seems to me like PETA thinks they have the answers to not all - but most everything animal -related. So...please tell me the right thing to do!
To make a long story short - I live a ways outside of town, I love cats, we had one male cat when we moved out here - he's a member of the family. Then we took in my ex-husband's kitten when he had to move suddenly, so for the last year we've had two tom cats that we're very close to. Those two cats soon multiplied to 11 cats! (Females came around, reproduced, and various kittens and bigger cats too started appearing every couple of weeks. Yes, I've now had my two males neutered, but that isn't solving the problem. I was up to 11 cats, gave away 4, already we're back up to 8 cats. I just cannot have 20-30 cats!! The humane society says they're limit is 30, and they currently have 60, so they will not accept any more.
WHAT DO I DO??!! For the first time in my life, I now see why people in the country shoot cats. I have FIVE females hanging around outside now that will be re-producing! Do the math............
So.....Just what is the "PETA-THING" to do? I need the answer! Soon, And thank you. I appreciate the advice very very much. I'm feeling more and more over-whelmed every day.
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote