The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
marichiko

More cat problems

I finally found my front door mat which has been missing for some weeks. This door mat has a picture on it of a large orange cat just like my kitty Traveler who vanished the very same day the ax murderer was over to repair my storm door that he had broken back when we were still "together." (I use the word "together" advisedly)

It had been sitting on the far end of my front deck and covered with wood splinters and all covered under a pile of fallen leaves. The ax murderer had used it as a sort of place mat to shave the wood for the door frame down to the right size. I had stayed away from him as much as possible in the other room while he made the repair, so I hadn't seen him do this, but I do remember the sound of him chiseling off slices of wood on my front porch. The wood splinters are the same color as the wood in my door frame which he repaired.

The ax murderer had left his power drill behind and I paged him twice that day to come get it. He ignored my pages, but showed up for the drill the next day. Traveler had vanished the evening before.

I have had increasing difficulty with my coyote theory for Traveler's disappearance. Just down the block from me there is a veritable phalanx of nice plump kitties that sit on door steps wander about yards, and no doubt dream of one day getting into LJ's trash bags and shredding them. Some of these kitties I recognize from when I first moved here. If coyotes are eating kitties around here, those nice fat kitties down the block should be gone.

When the ax murderer came for his drill, he was filled with alibi's for what he had done the night before. At the time, I wondered why he was bothering. I couldn't have cared less what he'd been up to. Probably out trolling for hookers or stalking the local playground. Whatever.

Today, I looked at the doormat with an orange cat covered with wood shavings, and an image came to my mind of the ax murderer resentfully carving that bit of wood door frame down to the right size and staring at the cat. He KNEW how much I loved Traveler. And he is mad as hell that he has had to repay me $5,000.00 of the $10,000.00 he stole from me. It was that or go have a nice chat with the county DA's financial crimes unit.

It hit me that the ax murderer actually had come back for that power drill some time the evening before. Traveler was outside, and went up to the ax murderer since he knew him. The ax murderer had a moment of sheer malicious inspiration and acted upon it. That's why he was filled with alibi's for the night before. Of course!

The ax murderer had no problem with watching his bro's ex GF walk into an apartment where the bro sat waiting for her with a rifle. He certainly wouldn't have any scruples about a cat.

OK, do you think I'm on to something, or is it time for a new pink ribbon for my tinfoil hat?