Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #10
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge Armadillo

Weight loss has nothing to do with nutrition. I was just making a point, not proselytizing.
I think we have mostly been arguing semantics here, but I do take exception to a few of your statements, including the one above. A good weight loss program should also be one based on balanced nutrition. Otherwise, while you may lose weight, you may also pay a price for it in your over all health that you don't want to pay.

The milk of mammals is produced to quickly grow baby animals. I imagine a diet based on rat's milk would not be condusive to weight loss, either. I agree.

As far as a lowered metabolism rate, you would be amazed at how many folks out there have lowered their caloric intake to the point that this occurs. I, myself, am one of them. This was not a deliberate action on my part. Due to stress, I have very little appetite these days and my over all caloric intake is pathetic. My metabolism has gone into famine mode and I am attempting to counter this by getting more exercise. It is very difficult to change your metabolic set point once this happens, as I can attest from personal experience.