The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Serveris
Fellow-Commoner

Prince Rupert, BC, Canada

Prince Rupert is a small fishing city. Within the past couple years (last year), we opened up a Cruise Ship dock, so that Cruise ships can come in. I have a couple of pictures of one coming in, if you want to see it. Our harbour has become polluted in the past couple years, but now with the Cruise Ships coming in, the city has been pouring money in to clear out the harbou, so it's becoming to look nice again. Prince Rupert is the farthest north city on the west coast (that I'd consider a city, not a native village). It's a nice place, with alot of greens; tons of flowers, trees, eagles (I might have some pictures of Eagles outside my home). Alot of deer (yes, a very common sight here), and last night there was a wolf stalking a room-mate down the block
Our population has gone down in recent years due to the mill closing down, but now that we have a container port opening up. (It's faster to ship things through Prince Rupert from Asia than to Vancouver, even though we're more north, our railroads are more direct, and we're technically more direct to Asia than Vancouver.)

So, now that our economy is starting to pick up, so people are becoming happy again. Oh yes, let me see if I can find some pictures...

This is a picture of the whole town and the surrounding area, taken from a seaplane. I think it's neat having that many mountains in the area. But that's just me. Anyway, it was a cloudy day during that picture (which it usually is cloudy for some reason) but at least you got a nice shot of the town.

Prince Rupert is a small fishing city. Within the past couple years (last year), we opened up a Cruise Ship dock, so that Cruise ships can come in. I have a couple of pictures of one coming in, if you want to see it. Our harbour has become polluted in the past couple years, but now with the Cruise Ships coming in, the city has been pouring money in to clear out the harbou, so it's becoming to look nice again. Prince Rupert is the farthest north city on the west coast (that I'd consider a city, not a native village). It's a nice place, with alot of greens; tons of flowers, trees, eagles (I might have some pictures of Eagles outside my home). Alot of deer (yes, a very common sight here), and last night there was a wolf stalking a room-mate down the block
Our population has gone down in recent years due to the mill closing down, but now that we have a container port opening up. (It's faster to ship things through Prince Rupert from Asia than to Vancouver, even though we're more north, our railroads are more direct, and we're technically more direct to Asia than Vancouver.)

So, now that our economy is starting to pick up, so people are becoming happy again. Oh yes, let me see if I can find some pictures...

This is a shot of the whole town. It's taken from a seaplane flying overhead. It was a bit cloudy that day, like it is most days, but it isn't so bad. (I like the mountains.)
Attached Images