The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: The best possible money-making venture for Catwoman would be:
Buy a plot of land for £60K, build a house for another £60K, sell the house for £300K 2 16.67%
Buy flat in sought-after area, rent it out at a premium and get free mortgage + supplementary income 5 41.67%
Set up a cocktail bar planned to precision to capitalise on area's key demographic 4 33.33%
None of the above, shut up and keep working like the rest of us 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #1
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Dreams & Pipes

I am considering three possible money-making ventures. Perhaps you could advise which if any you think I should pursue. To avoid this turning into another long-drawn personal advice thread, I have condensed these options into Haiku's (must be a phase I'm going through). Would be most grateful if you could vote on the one most likely to make me a millionnaire (or just a few extra grand). The options are as follows:

Buy a plot of land
for less money than I make
when I sell built house.

Buy a small-ish flat
rent it out pay mortgage and
good source of income.

Set up cocktail bar
in busy town where I live
make lots of money.

I can assure you these options despite their simplicity are well thought out and not blind pipe dreams, I just didn't want to bore you with the details.

Biggest problem is lack of funding, I cannot get a self-build mortgage until I've had a normal mortgage for at least a year (and even then remote chance). So any ideas on funding would be useful. Let me know if any of you have any spare thousands, you know, only if you were going to throw them out anyway... *sigh*

So - let the voting begin!