Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #11
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Don't forget the war Bush was avoiding was morally wrong, while the Bush crusade is Gods will.
Oh, silly me! How could I have forgotten that point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
What did you think of Clinton, then?
Honestly? Not much. I didn't even vote for him.

Quote:
Military service became a "nonissue" for his campaign, and is apparently the ONLY issue for this one.
Well, my memory brown-out started sometime around the Clinton era, but I don't seem to recall Clinton getting us into any engagements where 1,000 plus and counting of our young men have been killed. Correct me if I've forgetten about some other war that occurred during Clinton's tenure in the White House.

Quote:
Kerry the anti-war protestor has positioned himself as Kerry the War Hero for the purpose of campaigning. Apparently this has been a tactic of his for as long as he's been running.

Frankly, I think it's stupid.
There were many anti-war protestors who had gone to 'Nam and seen it for the dirty little war it was and came back to join the rest of us in the streets. My friend who fought honorably in the First Gulf War is disgusted by this current round now going on. I don't see what's so out of the ordinary about Kerry's stance. And BTW, the naval reserves were very different from the National Guard. Men who joined the reserves in the 60's knew damn well they stood a good chance of being called up for active service.

Last edited by marichiko; 09-12-2004 at 02:40 PM.