The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2002, 11:43 AM   #1
dave

2/25 Extra: Israelis, Palestinians, Death

Excuse the slow load time. My ISP capped our asses after that towboat fiasco. Anyway, here's a nice picture from MSNBC. I didn't post it Friday because I don't think any of us want to end the week on that. Here we go for Monday though...

That would be 3 Israeli soldiers taking macho pictures over the body of a now-dead Palestinian gunman. I don't have details on whether or not they're the ones that killed him. It hardly matters.

While I do not, at all, support the Palestinian intifada's violence and I find it difficult to sympathize with people who target civilians for their suicide bombings and shootings, this is a bit much. No one wins in any of these situations - not Palestinians, not Israelis, nobody. Israeli victims are injured and possibly dead, this man is dead, and now we have Israeli soldiers taking pictures over his body. For what? To show their family later?

This is hardly any less disgusting than the murder of Daniel Pearl, and only somewhat because of the fact that while Daniel Pearl was a journalist, this man was gunning for civilians. Regardless, those soldiers have nothing to be proud of in taking and posing for those pictures.

Peace in the middle east is laughable because of the deep hatred. Each side rejoices in the other's death. Why stop doing what makes you happy?