The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

T.O.

I frankly don't care one way or the other ... but this guy obviously does.

Just in case the auction gets cancelled by ebay ... some of the jucier bits:

Quote:
Ex-Dallas Cowboys Fan Looking for New Team
I Refuse to Vote for a team With Terrell Owens!!!!!!!!!

That's Right!!!! After being a Dallas Cowboys fan for the better part of 30 years, I just can't do it anymore!

I stood by the team as Mr Jones came in and let Tom and Tex go (not so much the fact that they went, but the classless way that it was handled). I stood by them when they signed Charles Haley and Deon Sanders (Personally, I did not like it, but, Everyone else seemed to). I even stayed with them as the ego of the owner cost the team Jimmy Johnson, but there is no way I can vote for a team that would sign TO (especially after his star celebration)!!!!! I can only assume that the star means very little (if anything) to the owner of the team!

OK enough ranting about Dallas. Back to the auction. I am now located in Hodgenville, KY (however I grew up in San Diego, CA). I have Eagles, Rams, and Panthers fans in my family. I run a Fantasy football league. Listen to NFL Radio on Sirius almost every day (BTW Sirius NFL Radio is a really outstanding way to get your NFL news).

When you bid, you will receive my loyalty. That is right, whatever NFL team you choose (Besides Dallas) I will vote for. I will get the shirts, sweatshirts, pictures and tickets to see them when they Visit Nashville, Indianapolis or Cincinnati (If Cinci Nashville, or Indy win my loyalty, I will make it to at least one game a year).

If Bidding reaches $200 or more, I will send you a picture of me at a game with my face painted and decked out in your teams gear.

If by some strange reason the winning bid is over $1000, I will shave my head with your teams Name (or logo if I can find someone who can do that) and send you a picture of me at a game.

Upon request, I can have a 5 year contract written up, Signed and sent to you regarding your winning bid. The length of the deal will be for 5 years (minus the face paint and head shave).

Anyhow, Happy bidding and good luck. If you have any questions, comments or anything, Please feel free to email me via the "Ask the seller a question" feature

On Mar-23-06 at 13:02:52 PST, seller added the following information:

ok it has been pointed out (like 30 times) that I should have used the term Root rather than Vote
Current bid is $474.69

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The Eagles could go 0-16 next year and still be way better off than they were with T.O.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
jojo
is anyone home?

why can't i think of schemes like this? here i go, year after year, saying "let's play two!" and "WHO DEY!" for no money at all, and it turns out i could have asked someone to give me money not to cheer for T.O.
i didn't cheer for New England when they took corey dillon, and nobody paid me for that either.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
elSicomoro

Corey Dillon has some redeemability...T.O. would have to practically walk on water to redeem himself. Though it is possible...just ask Allen Iverson.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
jojo
is anyone home?

hmm. most of cinci would doubt that about dillon. (and we loved neon deion in the reds!)
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
elSicomoro

Deion Sanders the baseball player was so much different than Deion Sanders the football player. I remember an interview with him once, where he mentioned that he loved playing in Cincinnati because no one recognized him.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

:
It will indeed be interesting to see how he and Parcells gets along... and how much if any he tones down the celebration of crossing a goal line... I can just about garantee that running to the star after he scores will be outlawed by the sheriff... :p
Stevonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

It's all good if Parcells can lasso TO in but Andy Reid couldn't. I think TO is much more likely to rebell with a stern coach who doesn't let him get his way. Mooch and the 49ers were pretty laid back. Andy Reid and Philly not so much. Dallas will be very interesting.

I thought Dillon redeemed himself. The guy stuck around 7 long years in Cincy in during some very bad times. Who can blame him for wanting to get out after that?
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote