The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-11-2004, 07:45 PM   #121
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Information clearing house has the video. Its very disturbing.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:24 PM   #122
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Information Clearing house.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 06:02 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:26 PM   #123
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Think the Feds don't control the Internet?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #124
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe it's the ragheads.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #125
Elspode

Somehow I think they're real interested in having their actions seen by as many people as possible.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #126
glatt

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Somehow I think they're real interested in having their actions seen by as many people as possible.
Just not their faces. They obviously don't beleive what they are doing is right, otherwise they wouldn't wear masks.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:06 PM   #128
Elspode

Quote:
Originally posted by glatt
Just not their faces. They obviously don't beleive what they are doing is right, otherwise they wouldn't wear masks.
I think that is more related to not wanting to be killed themselves because of what they believe. I mean, otherwise, they might as well just commit suicide...which, now that I think of it, wouldn't be a bad idea all in all.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #129
russotto
Professor

Berg beheading.

Very low quality version available here:

http://www.ogrish.com/index2.php
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #130
wolf
lobber of scimitars

They are disappearing as fast as they are posted.

That's the third "site where you can see the video" I've tried that has been removed.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:03 AM   #131
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

As the moderate swing voter I expect that everyone who has angrily demanded the showing of returning caskets at Dover and the complete cache of Abu Ghirab photos, on the basis that we need to have a frank view of the results of war, should also clamor for the public release of the full decapitation video.

S'only fair
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:07 AM   #132
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

And in that vein:

Quote:
Originally posted by russotto
UT, are you saying that the military command structure not only knew about this, but they were on top of it and had the situation resolved long before the story hit the big time?

Now that I would find very hard to believe.
Check the date on this CENTCOM press release.
Quote:
January 16, 2004
Release Number: 04-01-43
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DETAINEE TREATMENT INVESTIGATION

BAGHDAD, Iraq – An investigation has been initiated into reported incidents of detainee abuse at a Coalition Forces detention facility. The release of specific information concerning the incidents could hinder the investigation, which is in its early stages. The investigation will be conducted in a thorough and professional manner. The Coalition is committed to treating all persons under its control with dignity, respect and humanity. Lt. Gen. Ricardo S. Sanchez, the Commanding General, has reiterated this requirement to all members of CJTF-7.
Belmont Club again (I love that guy):
Quote:
What was new about the May coverage was that the press had pictures of the Abu Ghraib abuses and was in a position to project, not a new set of facts, but a new set of powerful emotions upon the public. Getler's claim [Wapo ombudman demanding Abu Ghirab release -UT] is really an assertion of the right to invoke outrage, disgust and hatred at a specific act and its perpetrators, and those who may have been indirectly responsible for it. By taking this logic to its limit, Sullivan [Blogger demanding beheading video release -UT] claims the same right: to unleash a symmetrical set of set emotions at another group -- and demonstrates the absurdity. For it must either be correct to publish both the Abu Ghraib and Berg photos or admit partisanship. Surely, if it is acceptable to run the risk of tainting the entire US military with the brush of Abu Ghraib then there can be no harm in coloring all Muslims with the hues of Al Qaeda. But this is madness.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:18 AM   #133
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
As the moderate swing voter I expect that everyone who has angrily demanded the showing of returning caskets at Dover and the complete cache of Abu Ghirab photos, on the basis that we need to have a frank view of the results of war, should also clamor for the public release of the full decapitation video.

S'only fair
Sure, why not? I thought it was already out. And I think it's of sufficent importance to not be banned as a snuff film.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:38 AM   #134
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

My dont I feel on the cutting edge of the cyberwar? I saw the video on Information Clearinghouse then went back and saw an "account suspended" sign and the next thing I knew it was a feature on the nightly news with that very screen up on TV and the suggestion that pages were being shut down/ blocked by the CIA.........
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #135
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
They are disappearing as fast as they are posted.

That's the third "site where you can see the video" I've tried that has been removed.
I have it if you can't get it and still want it.