The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #46
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I guess that means I like cows bellies. lol
Old 12-08-2006, 04:15 AM   #47
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Tomorrow will be worse. We'll be getting into the Posting While Intoxicated phase again.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:18 AM   #48
Aliantha

Well there's nothing wrong with drunk typing. It never killed anyone.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #49
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

That's 'cause Aussies have it in their genes
Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 AM   #50
Aliantha

haha...we're not all pissheads you know. There's a large proportion of the population that don't drink at all.

Just cause they're under 5 doesn't mean anything!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 AM   #51
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Dana, you slipped: look up posterity.
yes you are right, I typed the wrong word. I meant posterity and don't need to 'look it up'.

Quote:
Also familiarize yourself with the pogroms and genocides and scarcities uniformly perpetrated by the communist regimes: the century-long record shows the anti-communist is the pro human. Spend your energies on being pro human instead of railing at me, and you will spend your energies in a more intelligent manner than you've hitherto shown. In other words, quit being such a slacker. There is not and never was anything wrong with trying to get rich, either -- yet you seem to think there is. Shame. Shame. Thrice shame.
I am quite familiar with the 'pogroms, genocides and scarcities' perpetuated by many communist regimes. I am also quite aware of the 'pogroms, genocides and scarcities' committed by many non-communist regimes. (Or do you not consider the Native American cultures to have been subjected to crimes of this nature? ) I do not percieve you to be pro-human. I see you as pro-your own agenda. I however, am pro-human: all humans, regardless of ethnicity, culture or religion are deserving of consideration; all nations have within them positive and negative elements; all political systems have inherent flaws and strengths and self-determination is better than externally imposed political or social values.

Quote:
In other words, quit being such a slacker. There is not and never was anything wrong with trying to get rich, either -- yet you seem to think there is. Shame. Shame. Thrice shame.
Don't be so lazy in your reading/thinking. I have never held, nor ever will, hold the view that there is something wrong with trying to get rich. I have never said, nor will I ever say, that there is something wrong with getting rich. You have made an assumption based on a flawed reading/understanding of my posts. Shame. Shame. Thrice shame.

Last edited by DanaC; 12-08-2006 at 11:06 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #52
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

So the media isn't biased? Or did I get into the wrong thread? I think the majority of the media and its input lean left - except for FOX and another I can't think of at the moment. Its ok though - just take all that is said with that in mind. Please - just don't tell me the "No Spin guy" doesn't spin shit his way though. I have seen too many times where someone refute him with a valid argument and he just "moves on" or "spins away" -
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #53
Aliantha

I think the media is biased towards their own agenda just like everyone else. At times one media source may present a leftist view, and at others, a more conservative view.

Why do they do this?

Ratings. Nothing more or less. Selling papers or getting people to watch or listen. That's all there is to it, and the head honchos don't really give a shit which view sells better, as long as they're making money.