The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-03-2003, 09:37 PM   #1
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Where I've been

For those of you that are wondering where I've been for the last 2 months I'll try and explain here.
The biggest reason for my absence was the end of the school year. I ended up getting an Internship in Helena MT working in a community bank's IT deparment. And ended up moving in with my Uncle who happens to use AOL for internet. Mainly becuase I'm a stubborn SOB I refuse to put AOL on my computer so I've been limited to my access of the internet at all, let alone checking the cellar. My job does have a lot of downtime in the evenings so I can post here a bit.

So I'm back, maybe not full time but at least I'll be able to put in an appearance once in a while now.

So this was going to be more interesting but this evening turned to shit about halfway through my story so I didn't have time to finish it. Anyways everyone have a Great 4th of July, drink lots of beer don't blow your hand off with any fireworks and don't poke your steak. Hopefully I can post monday.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Well, I figured part of it was school-related.

Can't you just get another ISP for a few months, like Earthlink? You don't even have to install their software.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:55 PM   #3
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Juno is your friend
Old 07-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: Where I've been

Quote:
Originally posted by Cam
don't blow your hand off with any fireworks
I knew someone that did this.

Held onto one of his brother's home-mades while he lit it.

Fuse was shorter than expected.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 12:45 AM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Wolf knows all the crazy people, apparently.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #6
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

Can't you just get another ISP for a few months, like Earthlink? You don't even have to install their software.
I could but I would be tying up my aunt and uncles phone line. So I havn't bothered. Also I've decided a few months with limited net access is probably a good thing. I was getting bad before finals started and probably wouldn't have started right up if it wasn't for moving. Really the only thing I've really missed is the cellar and being able to download little things.
I'm sure i'll miss it more in a few weeks. I'm trying to put together a linux based MP3 box to hook up to my stereo with no monitor attached. It's tough to test out different players when you can't download them at home and you don't have a CD burner at work.