The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 07-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
JBKlyde
Banned

Lies Vs Truth

OK it has come to my attention that some LIES I have told are evil. I want to repent but because of those lies no one cares. So the seeds of Lies I am reaping are amounting to nothing. I understand that If I am ever going to make it to Heaven I must be honest. Well I can say the reason I told those lies is BECAUSE I didn't know the truth. I really really want to be an honest person however my carelessness of the tongue has gotten the best of me. I don't want be forgotten but sometimes I feel that way. I know God forgives me but I don't feel that way.

The main difference between a liar and an honest person is that a liar doesn't want you to know he's ling and honest person will admit his mistake. SO here I am trying to fess up and aparentally no one cares so just know that I am repenting an turning over a new leaf. I don't want to lie so if you think I'm ling call me on it an when the shit hits the fan I'll be as honest as possible.
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

if you didnt know you were lying, then you probably were what we call.... wrong... or mistaken.....

a lie is intentional. own it if you do it, and try not to do it again.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
... I really really want to be an honest person ...
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

I think he meant The Truth™.

Don't get hung up on heaven in the future or lies in the past. You can only live in the present, focus on that.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #5
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Am I the only one who reads Klydes posts and imagines a man in sackcloth with a penchant for self-flagellation?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I do. Well, I imagine a man in plastic shopping bags. I don't even know where you can get sackcloth these days.

JBK, being honest is a journey. Honesty isn't just about telling the truth, it's being honest about all of your doings, about who you are, about your dealings with other humans.

If you cannot do these things, then who are you, really? Honesty is about identity. In other words: good luck on your journey to keep it real.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
JBKlyde
Banned

I guess what I'm trying to say is that because I said "FIRE FIRE FIRE MINE MINE MINE" First, that the summer belongs to me...
jk

Honesty is a part of wisdom and common sense.. it just that I've been trusting ling words and therefore deceiving people... I took a joke too far and now I'm reaping the consequences.....
Old 07-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
sexobon

Quote:
... Honesty is a part of wisdom and common sense ...
Common Sense is also a part of Wisdom (= knowledge + common sense); yet, that didn't stop you from listing it at a separate goal and limiting goals to two; therefore, your goal count should now be three: Wisdom, Common Sense, and Honesty. Your signature line is a lie.

Lying is sometimes necessary in order for people to survive. It's the QUESTION of honesty, knowing when to tell the truth and when to lie, that is a function of wisdom [incl. common sense]. You've acknowledged behaviors that when coupled with the way you write suggest you're a pathological liar - even to yourself. You're desire to be more honest hasn't developed out of want; but, out of need because you've been shunned as a manipulator and your human resources have dried up. We're simply a target audience for you to experiment on ... a target practice audience ... used to develop techniques through trial and error with which to overcome the lowered levels of gullibility in the those people you've alienated.

You're best last hope is to place your faith in the person you trust most to look out for your welfare and abide by their judgment. You don't have a high enough functional IQ to overcome the adverse ramifications of your own poor judgment. All your want and need isn't going to change that.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
JBKlyde
Banned

yea that makes alot of since however you must realize the nature of the ground work I have set into motion... I'm an Anarchist, we reconize there's a government we just don't believe in it.. I find your diagnosis rather offending and untrue seeings how your on the outside looking in an have only recently begun to enguage into the conversation... If I really wanted to experiment... and believe me I do I'd pact up shop and move to titusville... If you want my honest heart then realize I'm only trying to make it as an artist. And my ignorance is due to a lack of education not some nazi themed zeal...

Last edited by JBKlyde; 07-28-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
sexobon

More lies, to both us and yourself. You're so simple to figure out that I'm certain everyone can read your mind.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Totally. Did you hear what he just thought!?

...for shame, sir. Foooorrrr shaaaaame.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
JBKlyde
Banned

I don't need to worry, yall just don't know how to have fun with the pc If I had something to hide then maybe you'd have a basis for your accusations but I don't so forget about it... you could care less about me so why should I care about you... I pray that your heart is softened and that you turn to Christ.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #13
sexobon

Quote:
... you could care less about me so why should I care about you...
Ever hear of the Golden Rule?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #14
JBKlyde
Banned

ever hear of the Book of Proverbs?? that's where my signature came from and you called it a lie... yes I've heard of the golden rule and yes I practice it.... But your words indicate that your only trying to belittle me I'm not GOD but I am an Honest person.. the ability to see past ignorance into a more realistic view point is your gift but your judging me too quickly..
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
sexobon

So turn the other cheek. That might enable you to see that there are other forums in which to engage people here so they can get a broader perspective on you. You currently present yourself as a self centered, narrow minded, one trick pony with every thread you participate in being about you.

Your signature is a lie, it's a lie of omission by you, it left out Honesty and you continue to obfuscate the issue with double talk saying earlier "I really really want to be an honest person"; but, now saying "I am an Honest person." If the former is true, the latter cannot be. You're changing your story too quickly.