The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Jeboduuza
Custom User Title

treehouse club

Sundae Girl asked me to make a nice shiny new thread cuz it didnt fit in the human body explotation thread so here it is

i dont understand. i read a great article cloud posted somewhurr buried in cellar meta. it was about groups. read it, i couldnt find it in search. cloud's posts too in that particularl thread were brilliant too. she is new. i am new. we both see the same shit u guys are doin.

i dont understand why if lumperjim says somethin offensive or demeaning toward soemone all u other 3 4 5 year old dwellars choose to turn the other cheek and disregard it. this guy is an asshole. actually the things he posts borders on bullying but nooo since he is in the popular group its all good, right? but all i had to do was comment about him not being the shit as he so thinks he is then he goes after me. that in turn leads to the group effect, while errbody else is like "oh its ok to degrade the shit out of him cause one of our members does it". sundae girl got on me, now zippyt called me an asshead, fuckhead. i dont doubt others will follow in line

you people are 40, 50 years old. and y'all gonna resort to throwin rocks at someone who is new? din't u guys graduate high school decades ago? how can u guys not condemn when people like lumperjim personally attack a NUMBER of people on this board, but errbody else goes with the flow. he is ALWAYS bitchin about "i wish teh cellar was back to where it used to be, the newbies are ruining it, they too sensive, bitch bitch bitch put down put down put down"

anything that motherfucker says is golden and cant be touched, analyzed or critiqued?

im positive its like this for anybody in the treehouse club who flames an unsuspecting cellar user. lumperjim is just an prime example. i havent had experience with many other bullys on this site (brianna is showing her case) but it seems all the same. i bet u all feel cool collaborating and makin people leave the cellar cause their opinion and experiences are differnt from yers and so u let them know they are different and overall, not fittin to be here. if this shit keeps up then im out - im not into high school drama again. i can go back to watchin or worse for undertoad, not viewin this site again.

complainin about the cellar and its current state pssssh, why dont u all, in the popular group get it together so us "newbies" will like you and like to BE here, because a lot of us don't appreciate the "welcome" we've received.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
Flint
Snowflake

arrrgh i cant read tht
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

The name for it is "clique". Either you're in it, and free to do certain things without recrimination, or you're not in it, and get beat up for doing those same things. It's a double standard.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Jeboduuza
Custom User Title

i didn't expect this. i see many of you have read this. but you are all speechless.

jeboduuza - 1
cellar - 0
Old 06-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
Cloud

I feel your pain, Jeb. Just--if you are trying to make friends, counting coup probably won't help.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeboduuza View Post
Sundae Girl asked me to make a nice shiny new thread cuz it didnt fit in the human body explotation thread so here it is
Thanks for this - the fact you've shown the respect to do this raises my opinion of you (not sarcasm). Human Body Exploitation Thread... An interesting way of putting it - I guess you're not going to be posting there soon, but hey that's your call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeboduuza
i dont understand. i read a great article cloud posted somewhurr buried in cellar meta. it was about groups. read it, i couldnt find it in search. cloud's posts too in that particularl thread were brilliant too. she is new. i am new. we both see the same shit u guys are doin.
I wouldn't call it shit, personally. Cloud and I had this out (after she asked for opinion on her threads) - I was defending a place I love and didn't want changing. I certainly read Cloud's link, and I'm sure many other posters did. This isn't the sort of place where people post anything that drifts into their heads (usually) so you wouldn't have seen 5, 10, 15, 20 posts saying, "Ooh I read that!" or "Interesting!" Reaction posts without a valid reason do not an interesting forum make. Unless it's a personal issue, in which case people will post sympathy or healing comments. I've posted them and I've received them - this is a community.
Quote:
i dont understand why if lumperjim says somethin offensive or demeaning toward soemone all u other 3 4 5 year old dwellars choose to turn the other cheek and disregard it.
This is partly because when you've known someone 3, 4, 5 years you can tell when they're joking. And when they're sending a shot across the bows because the way you are behaving doesn't fit the general behaviour around here.
Quote:
this guy is an asshole. actually the things he posts borders on bullying but nooo since he is in the popular group its all good, right? but all i had to do was comment about him not being the shit as he so thinks he is then he goes after me.
I don't think he's an arsehole. I'm not a follower, I base this entirely on my interaction with LJ and the interaction between LJ and other people I have come to respect on here. Like it or not, if you weigh into a respected poster here, they will fight back. There has been a rash of new posters here judging LJ on the opinion of other new posters. I don't think that's fair. There are some long term posters who don't get on with LJ - I respectfully disagree with them, but at least they have formed their opinion over time, not the first few posts. He's a funny guy. He doesn't give a shit. Grow a tougher skin re humour.
Quote:
that in turn leads to the group effect, while errbody else is like "oh its ok to degrade the shit out of him cause one of our members does it". sundae girl got on me, now zippyt called me an asshead, fuckhead. i dont doubt others will follow in line
I got on you because you were cluttering up a thread meant for something else. I am very easy-going in general, but what I can't be doing with is people coming in and thinking they are owed something. It's like coming into my local and dancing on the pool table where people are trying to play. We're not saying "don't dance" for chrissake - just do it in the appropriate place, and don't act hurt when someone tries to move you on.
Quote:
you people are 40, 50 years old. and y'all gonna resort to throwin rocks at someone who is new? din't u guys graduate high school decades ago?
Again, this is where you benefit from reading and enjoying rather than posting willy nilly. We're not all 40, 50, 60. There's a Dwellar Age Thread somewhere - I'm not going to link to it - it would do you good to look for it.
Quote:
how can u guys not condemn when people like lumperjim personally attack a NUMBER of people on this board, but errbody else goes with the flow. he is ALWAYS bitchin about "i wish teh cellar was back to where it used to be, the newbies are ruining it, they too sensive, bitch bitch bitch put down put down put down"
You know all this about the Cellar but you don't know not to mess with the nekkid people thread? You know all this about the Cellar and you don't know we hate txtspk and bad spelling (Zippy excepted) and unnecessary abbreviations?
Quote:
anything that motherfucker says is golden and cant be touched, analyzed or critiqued?
Sigh. Search posts by Aliantha. At the very least.
Quote:
im positive its like this for anybody in the treehouse club who flames an unsuspecting cellar user. lumperjim is just an prime example. i havent had experience with many other bullys on this site (brianna is showing her case) but it seems all the same. i bet u all feel cool collaborating and makin people leave the cellar cause their opinion and experiences are differnt from yers and so u let them know they are different and overall, not fittin to be here. if this shit keeps up then im out - im not into high school drama again. i can go back to watchin or worse for undertoad, not viewin this site again.

complainin about the cellar and its current state pssssh, why dont u all, in the popular group get it together so us "newbies" will like you and like to BE here, because a lot of us don't appreciate the "welcome" we've received.
If you really feel like this, I do have to ask why you are here?
This isn't an exclusive clique and plenty of people have been welcomed in.
But membership brings no privileges.

If this place doesn't suit you, there is nothing keeping you here. And I don't mean that as a polite way of saying fuck off - I mean genuinely, think why you would want to be in a place that you perceive as hostile.

This is probably out of date now - it's taken a while to type, but I wanted to address all your points as there's nothing more annoying than penning a crie de couer and having people address one line of it.

All the above is my personal opinion and does not reflect the view of the Cellar, which is a diverse collection of people whether you have encountered that or not.

Last edited by Sundae; 06-11-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

If you want to be treated like an equal, at least post so that we can understand you please.

We aren't speechless, but all that crazy talk has our Transitions bifocals all fogged up.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

SUNDAE GIRL KICKS ASS
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There's a way to get instant respect here, and literally hundreds of users, of all ages, have done it.

Of course, it's the first entry in the FAQ.

Quote:
The Cellar is like an electronic tavern. Behave as you might at a real-life tavern. Don't barge in and interrupt every table in the place. Walk in and sit down, wait for something you know about and politely put in your two cents.

Whether you care to stick around will probably depend on whether you're taken seriously. Your reputation here is not made by whether you're "in the clique" or how cool you are or etc. It's only based on how you behave and what you contribute. Be a thoughtful version of yourself. Make an effort to leave it a better place than when you arrived and we all win.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #10
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

And UT kicks the EXTRA point !!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
SUNDAE GIRL KICKS ASS
you're proving Jebo's point
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Jeb...there's actually a thread in the relationships forum titled, "Is Lumberjim a Bully". You might like to have a look at that one. There's posts in there that answer pretty much all your questions about him and his 'intimates'.

It's always hard getting your head in the door at an established forum with long standing members.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to stand up for your convictions and say your piece. That's what I did and some members don't like me for it for whatever reason. Others seem to appreciate it. I doubt you'd ever be liked by everyone on any forum, and unless you believe in love at first sight, online, in cyberspace, it'll take time for you to establish yourself.

You're doing ok though. Just keep posting and let us all get to know you better.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #14
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

FNC Lj LOOVES to stir the shit , its fun to him , and funny to watch some time !!!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #15
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
What point exactly?

I responded reasonably and with respect. Does LJ only agree because we are part of the Get Along Gang?

If so, I'd really appreciate you taking the time to refute my points as I did for Jebo.