The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'll Sue David Michael Green

David Michael Green is a thief.....he stole my thoughts. I have proof because he wrote them down ..... maybe a little more clearly..... a little more organized, but my thoughts, just the same.
Quote:
As the old saying goes, if you can’t run against fiscal hemorrhage, Terri Schiavo, an unpopular war with no end in sight, torture, Hurricane Katrina, the prescription drug program debacle, Jack Abram off, Tom Delay, and the federal government spying on Americans, maybe you should think about a different career than politics.
Yeah, see what I mean? Stole them outright.
Quote:
Given the track record of the empty shell that masquerades these days as the Democratic Party, I can feel pretty safe that by proposing the television ad below I’m not giving away valuable intellectual property for which I should be highly compensated. The dismal donkeys of the District seem about as likely to air the thing as Pat Robertson is to get into heaven.
I rest my case, your Honor.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
busterb
NSABFD

Hey pay the deal and I'l tell'um your right, and make them belive it.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
marichiko

I think he's saying what a lot of us have been saying. These parts make me especially angry:

Quote:
[Show soldiers at a military funeral and scenes of destruction from Iraq] “Today, over 2,200 of America’s finest young men and women have been killed in Iraq, over 16,000 are gravely wounded, and somewhere between thirty and one-hundred thousand Iraqi civilians are dead. But the two teams the president himself sent to Iraq reported [show thick report volumes falling in slow motion onto a desk with a thud] that there were no weapons of mass destruction, and that there hadn’t even been a WMD program there since 1993. [Show/hear Bush’s Press Club film, where he jokingly looks under his desk for WMD] Despite rushing America to war, to this day George Bush has not attended one military funeral for our fallen in Iraq.”

[Show Bush strutting on carrier deck in full flight suit, “Mission Accomplished” banner in background] “The war in Iraq has dragged on for three years now, but this president thought it was over before it had really even started.”

[Show General Shinseki testifying before Congress] “This commander-in-chief insisted on occupying Iraq with less than half the forces necessary to do the job right, firing top generals who told Congress the truth about needed force size. Today [show soldiers in street action], American soldiers and Marines are spread so thin in Iraq that they continually have to re-fight battles for territory they just recently won, but then vacated to go fight elsewhere.”

[Show parade ground assembly of soldiers, with half fading out of image] “Today, a report has just been issued describing our Army as near the breaking point because it has been stretched so far. The report calls the Army [show words on screen] a ‘thin green line’ which is now in danger of [show words] ‘catastrophic decline’.”

[Show unhappy and exhausted soldiers resting in a rubble-strewn dugout] “Today, three years after the war began, and five years after planning for it started, the president has incredibly still not provided body and vehicle armor [show Humvee rolling down war-torn street] for all our military forces in Iraq. American communities hold bake sales to pay for protective vests for our soldiers, while a secret Pentagon study [show file folder stamped top secret] just reported that more than 80 percent of the Marines who have been killed in Iraq from upper body wounds could have survived if George Bush had provided them sufficient body armor.”

[Show latest bin Laden video in menacing view] “Today, this man – the one who hit us on 9/11 – remains free, taunting us and threatening more terrorist attacks on American soil [show fearful expressions of terrified people on New York streets the day of 9/11], but the president now says [show/hear Bush saying the words] ‘I am truly not that concerned about him’ and ‘I don't really think about him very much’”
I can tell you from first hand discussions with soldiers who have returned from Iraq, that his descriptions of what is going on with our military is true. I am enraged that Jr. has not attended a single military funeral, that he censors pictures of coffins being shipped home, that the Republican party is CUTTING funding for the VA, that people have to send "care packages" of the most basic food items to our men and women serving in Iraq, never mind have fund raisers to help them buy body armor, that there is no fire fighting equipment over in Iraq (supposedly supplied by Halliburten, but it isn't).

If I see one more banner in this towm proclaiming "We support our troops", I think I'll throw up from the hypocrisy of it all. The American people seem like lemmings running over the cliff at Jr.'s behest, while Jr. steps to the side at the last minute and laughs.

Will someone PLEASE step in and stop the Republican party before it completely destroys our nation? I don't care who - democrats, libertarians - SOMEONE - PLEASE!

"We support our troops." Yeah, right.