The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
busterb
NSABFD

usbtogo

Guess I've lost what little mind I had. But I used my phone to make a photo of some flowers today. Because the batteries were dead on camera I keep in the car.
Think I used the togo thing before, but female to female don't work.
So what the !@#$% cable do I need? And how in hell did I use it before? Damnifino? have a great easter ya'll!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

What kind of phone is it?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
busterb
NSABFD

Tracfone, LG420G. Got one other thing to try. Might just take my good camera and go back.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.. the USB cable is not usable.. When tracphone re-wrote the firmware of the LG420G to their own, they deliberately disabled the USB from accessing the memory. The ONLY way to download your photos, is via Bluetooth, and will require a Bluetooth transceiver on the computer. Some versions allow access to the user folder, some only allow you to transfer the photos up to 5 at a time (No more than... the phone will say unable to send more than 5). I've tried adding LG's own USB driver for the LG420G, and all it does, is show as a USB modem, but doesn't allow memory access. Sorry.. whoever said it could be done by USB cable, was incorrect.
From here.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tracfone is good (read bad) about disabling data ports on their fones. I have an LG500g ('g' denoting the Tracfone version of that model of phone) that has a micro-SD card slot. I've set the camera to store photos (fotos?) to the card, if I want to upload pix to the computer, just take out the card and put in the 'puter's card reader.

Much easier that way.

You could also e-mail the pix to yerself, that's how I did it with my last Tracfone.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
busterb
NSABFD

WELL just screw me. Bruce I'll look in to the blue tooth deal. Think I'll just delete the damn photo.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:53 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

You should try Gravs email option that's what I used to do as well.