The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 01-03-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
Nic Name
retired

Best image links

It is great to have a community of folks interested in the best images available to be seen, and discussed, on the Internet. What is unique to Cellar, is the ability to discuss and share. It's the community ...

It is great to have a place like Image of the Day on Cellar, where people go to share images, information, links, and discussion, including the other places on the Internet where awesome images can be accessed.

If you agree, take a look at the links in this thread, and add a new link in reply to this thread. In time this could be a very poplular thread on IotD, which drives a lot more traffic to this community.

This thread is intended to be supportive of the one picture at a time approach to building a community of people interested in images. It also allows us to share images that are exclusive to other websites by copyright or license restrictions.

If the owner of this site does not support this approach, he can always delete this thread. (That wouldn't hurt my feelings.) Frankly, I think this site will be strengthened by aggregating good content of interest to the community.

From my perspective, I would have been pleasantly surprised to find a link to National Geographic's 100 Best Pictures right here on Image of the Day:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/100best/

What other extraordinary image links are there? We're not thinking of run of the mill image banks, but truly awesome images worthy of the Cellar.

Share.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
juju
no one of consequence

I prefer the way Undertoad does it -- a single picture (or a few) posted in-line in the thread, that is interesting, artistic, and promotes discussion of current events.

I honestly don't know how he does it. He always manage to post the most interesting pictures. Anyway, just posting a link is no good. As Undertoad says -- people aren't going to click on the link. And even if they do, it doesn't have the immediacy of having the picture in-line in the thread.

In addition, after a week or so people will stop posting in this thread and it will roll off the main page. So, it's not like people will continually come back and use this thread as a resource. It's better just to post each image individually.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 12:55 PM   #3
Nic Name
retired

How better to refer a link to the images of special thematic presentations like:

September 11 A Memorial
Old 01-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #4
Nic Name
retired

Roll your mouse over this picture for special effects ...

spaceimaging.com before and after 9/11 images of the WTC,

and the images on the site's gallery are worth a look, too.

Last edited by Nic Name; 01-15-2002 at 04:54 PM.