The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Cloud

Question re: CSI: Miami

I do watch all the CSIs--the Las Vegas one all the time, the other two occasionally. ('Bye Gary--have a nice life!).

But I was watching an episode of CSI Miami on my computer the other day (which is pretty cool) and I was blown away by the computer equipment they have. Fancy, multi-colored transparent screens several feet wide, and other amazing technical equipment. Literally amazing.

That can't be real equipment! Is CSI set in the future? Or is that stuff really real? And could any municipal police department afford it?

I know it's a silly question; I'm sure it's not real. But maybe that's the direction we're heading.

It sure was cool!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Ibby
erika

It's theoretically real, sure.
but NO, i repeat NO CSI lab could afford anything you see in any of the CSIs. Well i mean, the science equipment sure, but not the giant glass-walled offices, the multi-million-dollar computer stuff, things like that.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Seakdiver's husband says the whole show is bullshit.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My Mum loves CSI. She worked for the police for years and knew what we call the SOCO teams quote well (Scene of Crimne Officers)

She is only willing to suspend her disbelief because the show is set in an imaginary land called Am-Er-Ica. When they were off to Vegas for their ruby wedding anniversary I teased her about coming across them filming on location and feeling the need to butt in and say, "You don't want to do it like that!"

She's been very slack about watching Hot Fuzz. I know she'd find the focus on correct terminology and procedure very funny.