The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Flowers

I'm buying flowers for someone with slightly peculiar taste. This particular person likes heather and buttercups. The flower shops around here don't really do arrangements of either. Also, I'd rather get living plants if that's not a no-no.

Any suggestions on where I could find what I'm looking for?
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
rkzenrage

Flowershop?
Call me crazy!

Ladies, don't tell men that flowers are too expensive if you want them... I know this sounds simple but it happens. Not just in the movies, happened to me recently.
In fact, never say one thing and want another, EVER!
We will actually think you mean what you say, every time & still care about you, nutty as it seems.
"Your friends? Sure, go out, it will be good for you, it has been ages!", when you get home, "why did you go out with your friends? You should have known I did not really want you to go out." *a bird flys out of her ear*
Only a truly INANE person says something like this... NEVER do it... seek help immediately if you have the impulse.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Flowershop?
Call me crazy!

Ladies, don't tell men that flowers are too expensive if you want them... I know this sounds simple but it happens. Not just in the movies, happened to me recently.
In fact, never say one thing and want another, EVER!
We will actually think you mean what you say, every time & still care about you, nutty as it seems.
"Your friends? Sure, go out, it will be good for you, it has been ages!", when you get home, "why did you go out with your friends? You should have known I did not really want you to go out." *a bird flys out of her ear*
Only a truly INANE person says something like this... NEVER do it... seek help immediately if you have the impulse.
Tell me about it. Girls are the most confusing part of this whole "life" thingy.

Anyway, I don't know anything about locating flower shops pertaining to the specific flowers you want, but I can suggest nice flowers, I guess; white roses. I dunno, I personally think they work well. White as in pure, rose as in love.

Awwwwwww She'll get the metaphor, girly instincts ya know. Then you're in like flint, wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.

No reference to the dwellar flint, reference to the Bond movie.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Usually you find white roses on funeral caskets. Better be careful which message she gets.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:34 AM   #5
rkzenrage

Sunflowers are fun.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Did we decide its "In like flynn"?
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #7
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think it's flynn...but who am I to argue?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
freshnesschronic
Professor

In like flynn....

Oooooooooooh. Maybe.

But the Bond movie is In Like Flint. Heh.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #9
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Pick some dandelions and act like a little kid giving them to his or her mom.

It's a hit or miss thing.....
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #10
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think a living plant is and excellent idea if they have somewhere to put it. Try a garden center to get a heather, although I'm not sure it's the right "season" at the moment. Most centers sell small potted flowering perennials, many of which are reminiscent to buttercups. You could then buy a nice pot to match their tastes.

Some yellow poppies are reminiscent of buttercups, but they are big, so maybe back to the florist/flower shop for those. In my experience over here, the more unusual flowers from the florist don't seem to last as long once you get them home.

Otherwise, MASHfreak's suggestion of picking something yourself is cool -but then put them in a nice vase that reflects their taste.

Sorry, fresh, but I think white roses just don't fit the requirements outlined. None of the bog-standard formal stuff does. And mush can frighten off as many girls as it attracts. We're not all as dumb as you seem to think. And I didn't see grant mentioning it was a girl......
Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #11
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Grant,

If she like particular flowers, is it possible that you could find a wholesaler and order some? There are some great places on line where you can order flowers of a particular type that you can't usually find at the run of the mill florists - especially if they're out of season. (And I"m not sure what season butter cups are). That way, you could get what she likes, and make your own arrangement. That would be a great statement to make.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #12
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
I'm buying flowers for someone with slightly peculiar taste. This particular person likes heather and buttercups. The flower shops around here don't really do arrangements of either. Also, I'd rather get living plants if that's not a no-no.

Any suggestions on where I could find what I'm looking for?
Swing by my place for the buttercups and by limey's for the heather. Problem solved... sort of...
Old 06-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #13
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Call me crazy, but in the last two years or so our Home Depot has really upped the quality of their garden department. They now have a wider and more interesting variety of potted plants than even the huge nursery in town that everyone recommends. They don't do arrangements, obviously, but I think a live plant is a better idea anyway.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #14
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Tell me about it. Girls are the most confusing part of this whole "life" thingy.
I think that's possibly the cutest thing I've heard fresh say :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
freshnesschronic
Professor

Monster I was only responding to like what rk had said before, assuming it was a girl.

I don't know what kind of flowers guys like.