The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 08-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Butthole barrages board with bullshit, gets busted by bruce

Quote:
You started just over 300 threads, in most of which you are busy telling other people what they must do, how they must run their lives, what they must believe, how they must raise their kids, how they must worship, to make you happy.
Spreading your hate far and wide like a petulant child. Boo hoo, people won't play my way... everybody's picking on me... I'm being oppressed.
Must be that 170 IQ that makes you think you have the only way to live properly and it's your duty to make everyone conform.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
NoBoxes

This seems out of place here. It would have looked better under "Home Base" in DucksNuts' "I'd like to nominate..." thread if you wanted to name xoxoxoBruce as Pooper Scooper of the month.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeap. I'd agree with NB.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

regardless...

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #5
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Where was that quote from, LJ?

Damn this job, I love it, but it's seriously cutting into my Cellar time. It's gotten so big I can't keep up with everything. Luckily, my husband ordered his laptop (liked mine copycat) so that means we will be getting the internets at home. Mwa ha ha !!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Cloud

Boys Will B Boys
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

This thread, LR.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Damn this job, I love it, but it's seriously cutting into my Cellar time. It's gotten so big I can't keep up with everything.
Well, sweetheart, it looks like you have a conundrum...do you love your stupid job that pays the bills and lets you and your hubby live? Or do you love us? Husbands and jobs come and go...the Cellar is forever.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I wrote this about tw earlier in the month when we had to have our intervention with him:

tw has been the way he is as long as I've been here--6 years and change.

I appreciate many of his points, and sometimes I even get a chuckle out of him. But he (along with a few other people on here) try too hard, IMO, to pull emotion out of their posts. And that is impossible...we are emotional people as a whole. So when these folks try to be unemotional, they come across as callous and asinine...and it understandably throws people for a loop.

Of course, it doesn't help that none of us have voices to rely on.

In the end, post how you want...just be aware of how you might come across. The Cellar is too decent of a place to be disrespectful to each other.

Rob was one of the "few other people" I had in mind. So, let me now tailor this quote to fit him:

Rob has been the way he is as long as he's been here--a year and change.

I appreciate some of his points, and sometimes I even get a chuckle out of him. But he (along with a few other people on here) try too hard, IMO, to pull emotion out of their posts. And that is impossible...we are emotional people as a whole. So when these folks try to be unemotional, they come across as callous and asinine...and it understandably throws people for a loop.

Of course, it doesn't help that none of us have voices to rely on.

In the end, post how you want...just be aware of how you might come across. The Cellar is too decent of a place to be disrespectful to each other.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

We are the world
We are the children
[/sarcasm]
Old 08-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Busybody.
You have no idea why people own the vehicles they do... you just want to tell people what to do.
You live in the wrong kind of nation... must suck to hate freedom and live where it is protected.
Irony?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Hypocrisy.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
rkzenrage

I don't want to tell people what to do.
Where have I done this?
If two parents have a kid I think they are equal. Some don't feel that is true, I debated the issue. Some can't keep their emotions out of a normal conversation, that is sad for them, but not my fault.
I also feel that all organizations that are not true service or charitable organizations should pay taxes equally with everyone else, again equality.
The opposite of hypocrisy.
Some people want to feel that they and their belief systems should be treated specially... again, not my problem, nor hypocritical.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:40 AM   #14
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

rk, you state you beliefs in the manner of 'should,' as in, 'this situation should be this way, according to me,' and then after you get appropriately strong responses, follow it up with, 'the other/opposite idea that you're expressing is stupid/meaningless/beneath me.' That's when you end up upsetting and annoying people.

Your very intense belief systems are special to you, yet you denigrate others' beliefs. You do this continuously, and even insult people directly.

If you truly desire a non-inflammatory dialogue in response to your threads, you might want to try setting up your opening questions in a more diplomatic and informed way.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #15
rkzenrage

Quote:
according to me
Is confusing?