The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
busterb
NSABFD

Another damn edit, please.

G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center
Mr. Richard J Baltz
Dr. Jessie Spencer
To whom it may concern;

Please find enclosed.
A copy of release of information I filed on 3/3/08
A copy of blank radiology report from envelope #2, because I discarded the ones from envelope #1. How many? Don’t remember, but if you look at postage, must have been a few. With a postage meter, I could pile sheets on till I had an idea. Unless someone had their finger on meter? Don't think that many pages would fit in envelope, so I vote for finger.
Envelope # 1 has no information relating to 3/3/08. $1.30 seems to me a waste of money for wrong information.
Envelope #2 has the reports I was asking for. Postage was 0.58 with one blank page.
I went to Jackson for an appointment with a Dermatologist; instead I was seen by a PA. Who writes a great report.
I highlighted a few remarks, #1. I don’t use as often as should. #2 I would have had to make another trip to Jackson for biopsy. #3 It was my shin, according to the reports she cited.

Perhaps some of this is nit-picking. But, I think any money wasted at VA is part of my health care.

I have an appointment on 5/20/08 if anyone would care to speak with me in person.

Thanks.

Last edited by busterb; 05-14-2008 at 08:41 PM.
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

clodfobble?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
monster
I hear them call the tide

Buster, hon, it really doesn't make a whole load of sense to the clerk who's going to read it without ever having seen your case before. All I understand is that you're pissed off because they are wasting postage sending you the wrong info. Do they still need infor from you? Do you still need info from them? What?
Old 05-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Man, this one's a little tricky. Let's see if I've got this right:

To whom it may concern:

Your office seems to be having some rather severe paperwork difficulties. At my recent appointment on March 3, 2008, I filed a release of information form with you, a copy of which you will find enclosed. In return, I received two separate envelopes. The first was full of reports that had nothing to do with my 3/3/08 visit. I did not bother counting the number of pages included before throwing them all away, but as the postage was $1.30, it must have been quite a few. In fact, I find it doubtful that many pages would even fit inside the envelope, so perhaps someone needs to be retrained in how to weigh the envelopes on the postage meter. The second envelope, by comparison, did have the information I requested, which was contained on a single sheet of paper--and yet the postage on that envelope was still $.58, well above the going rate for a stamp these days. Perhaps I am nit-picking, but the way I see it, any money wasted at the VA is money that could be better spent on my healthcare.

I would also like to bring up some issues I had with the report I requested. I came to Jackson that day for an appointment with a dermatologist, but instead I was seen only by a physician's assistant. Her lack of qualifications can be clearly seen in some of her comments in my paperwork, which I have highlighted for you. First, it would seem I don't take heavy-duty prescription medications as often as she would like me to. Secondly, despite the fact that I had already traveled to Jackson once to see the dermatologist, she told me I would have to go home and make another appointment in order to get a biopsy. Third, she seems to believe the lesion is on my shin, which it is not.

I have another appointment in your office on 5/20/08, if anyone would care to speak with me in person about my concerns.

Thanks,
BusterB
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

Fob you rock. What's with the blank page in envelope #2, though?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I don't know for sure, I was thinking that all the "blank page" references were about how much generic sheets of paper should weigh. I'm definitely not certain I got it all right.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
busterb
NSABFD

Thanks. bb