The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

7/1/2004: Color therapy cube

Feeling a bit depressed? Losing your energy? Joints need lubricating? Pick up a Color Therapy Cube!

Quote:
Alternative health practitioners sometimes use color therapy (also known as chromotherapy) to calm, rejuvenate, and improve the sense of well-being—for example: blue for serenity, red for vitality, green for renewal and rejuvenation. Now you can bring color therapy to your desk or home with the Color Therapy Cube. It employs 24 continuously changing colors and patterns.

The effect is a stunning and intriguing display that could also be beneficial. Choose from three different programs: Nomad for reflection, Geometrics for concentration, and Flow for relaxation or meditation. Jittery before a meeting? Having trouble concentrating? Feeling drowsy in the afternoon? Try the Color Therapy Cube. Use it at home before bedtime or to perk up for an evening out. Built in 15-60 minute timer. Tabletop or wall mountable. Measures about 9"L x 3"W x 8"H.
As Gizmodo points out, "COULD be beneficial" is an empty statement, so you can also say it COULD cause incontinence. Serenity now!

Can somebody help me? I can't figure out whether I'm losing vitality, or whether I need renewal and rejuvenation.

And I'm desperately worried that my color therapy is clashing with my aroma therapy - because you know somthing stinks to high hell when the price of the above unit is 70 BUCKS.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
They say the same thing for the clothes you wear. Or maybe you could just decorate your 4x4 office cubicle with the appropriate colored bricabrac.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Cheaper:

|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #4
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Originally posted by Happy Monkey
Quote:
Cheaper:
Faster:

Old 07-01-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
lookout123
changed his status to single

a friend of mine has a very loarge version of this on his wall at work. it's like 5' x 5', or close to it. i have to admit, it is actually pretty mesmerizing. i don't know how much work i would get done though.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Guess
What's my name? Guess

i'd think the rubiks cube would do the opposite for you- drive you insane!!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #7
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

I used to date a girl who was into new-age natural healing stuff pretty heavily. She believed in one form of color therapy where a person puts ordinary water into ordinary colored bottles, and leaves them in the sunshine for few days or so. In doing so, the color of each bottle would impart it's "energy" upon the water inside the bottle, and it could then be stored for future use. Drinking the various waters with different "color energies" would have certain benefits (relaxation, sharpness of mind, healing, hydration, etc.)

I think food coloring is probably a lot less work for the same (non-existent) result. And, the water would actually change to the appropriate color, instead of remaining boring old "clear."

I can buy the idea that moving patterns of colors *could* have some mild psychological effect, but I think that most (not all) new-age natural stuff is just a placebo effect. But that's just me.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:51 PM   #8
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Hey, whatever makes you feel good...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #9
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Goddamn hippies...
Old 07-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #10
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

I think this is pretty kewl looking. I'd probably buy it. *shrugs*

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #11
be-bop
Operations Operative

Colour Therapy Cube

$69.95 = £38.00 for a wee fucking square lamp???????

Use Windows media Player get all the colours you want for free
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:28 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mmmmm,..DoDad.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 PM   #13
novice
Ignorance is bliss and I'm orgasmic

Mmmmmmm, Jack Daniels.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #14
Karenv
Slacker

Light grid

It will be down to $35 by the end of summer. $29.95 by next year.

But who would want a pink and green checkerboard? Maybe their freeflow patttern would be more inspirational. Sort of a postmodern lava lamp.

BTW, how do I post images for consideration here?
Karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Email em to the contact address at the bottom and if your image isn't used just post it to quality images.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote