The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-26-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

9/26/2004: Key West airport deluged pre-hurricane

Sometimes things just strike me. Amongst all the images of hurricane damage, here's one secondary result of the latest one, Jeanne, which is crossing central Florida as I write this. This is the Key West International Airport's "overflow lot", full of plane owners who figured their best bet was to head south... and as long as you're heading south, where else are you going to go? Key West of course. IotD had Ivan damage highlighted but here's the other side, a silver lining sort of image. Evacuate with style.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's pretty cool, UT. They might have to bring in more fuel to get them all out of there, though.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
FloridaDragon
... Maintaining ....

Reminds me of the time I flew a little Cessna 172 into Daytona Beach to see one of the NASCAR races...there were thousands of little private planes flying in for the race and the poor traffic controlers had us lined up 20 planes deep coming in for landing. If one person messed up they had to flush about 5 out of line back to the end of the line to prevent "problems". I got bumped to the back after a plane missed their turn onto a taxiway ahead of me.

Think I have a picture somewhere of all the planes...will look when I get home tonight.

FD
FloridaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote