The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Worst experience you've had

What is the worst thing that has happened to you at the movies, a concert, game hall, restraunt....whatever.

Mine isn't that bad really:
My sis and I went to see Phantom of the Opera (Ok movie) together and we hadn't seen each other in over a week. So BEFORE the movie started we were discussing different things that had happened since we'd last seen each other (all G/PG stuff). A man leans over and tells us that we are being rude and need to shut up. My sister is a quiet person and will always tells me to tone it down when I start getting a little loud (I'm a bit deaf and tend to talk louder thinking the other person can't hear me well). We were shocked that he found us rude for talking before the movie. So instead of talking less/quieter we both began talking about how weird/unreasonable other people can be.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'm sure that, with time and therapy, you will be able to overcome this horrible experience.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

This was back in 1982. I and some of my friends had tickets to an Adam Ant concert. (laugh if you must, but I liked him then)
A few days before, I developed urethritis, which means I could not pee more than a drop or 2 at a time, if that much. But I still wanted to go to the concert. So I went and spent 3/4 of the time in the bathroom.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Adam Ant? oh wow....I used to lurve the Ants....the first album I ever bought was the prince Charming album....hang on did I say that out loud?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

'fraid so..... you've single-handedly just blown the myth of the 'down to earth head screwed on right' Yorkie.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
DanaC

*bristles slightly* I am not a Yorkie! ....I live in Yorkshire....but I'll always be a Manc at heart!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

a manc with heart? surely you jest.....

(if I did smilies.....)

So where in Manc? and why Yorkshire? (I'm currently in Cheshire, or South Manchester as it is sometimes called)
Old 11-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
DanaC

Born in Salford, grew up in Bolton, most of my family live in and around different parts of manchester and salford. Spent quite a few years in Little Hulton....some time in Blackley and also in Urmston

Moved to Yorkshire after visiting my Brother at his new house in Halifax (about 12 years ago) and fell in love with the hills :P
Old 11-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

Salford!

Once worked for a company located on a small industrial estate just off the Eccles New Road ( at about the time the quays were being redeveloped).... never felt so unsafe in just driving to work....

You did well to get out.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #10
DanaC

*grins* Salford's a walk in the park compared to Little Hulton :P
Actually, I lived just off Eccles New Road in the early 90's when they were trying to claim that the refurbished, ex-council, blocks of flats were really part of the quays...hehe yeah. Right. I have vivid memories of walking from our flat down to the precinct past a bunch of small children playing around on the still smoking wreckage of a burned out car:P Ahh....happy days:P

Bolton was much quieter, at least when I was growing up there. When I moved back there in my early 20's, I was in a rather less salubrious part of the town. There's nothing quite like waking up early on a Sunday morning and looking out of your window to see DS breaking down the door of the house opposite.

Last edited by DanaC; 11-13-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #11
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Isn't the palindrome of Bolton,
never mind...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 PM   #13
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!